Brunswick Family Assistance has many programs in place to assist the members of our community! Immediately below you will find a list of our ongoing programs followed by program events from our calendar! Feel free to contact us for more information on any of these programs!
Requirements for Assistance
- All clients must provide proof of income and expenses for a typical month each year
- All clients must bring in the required documents for the kind of assistance
- All clients must be a resident of Brunswick County for at least 90 days. All clients must bring in a photo ID stating they are a Brunswick County resident each time they apply for assistance.
- No appointment is needed
- Eligible clients can receive food from the pantry twice a month
- Must provide a lease or document stating lease length, landlord signature, name and contact information, address and amount of rent. All clients must come into office for intake.
- Twice a year/ Every 6 months
- Final notice utility bills (Once every 6 months/ 2 times a year)
- Power Stat 4 times a year (Once per Quarter)
- Final Notice— Must bring in a printed copy of the final notice bill from the utility provider
- Power Stat — Must bring in a printed copy of the account summary stating the account has less than $10. The account summary printout must be from the same day client is applying for assistance
- 1 time per quarter/ case based/ NO narcotics or other controlled substances.
Eligible children 12 and under and seniors 60+ will receive Christmas gifts and a food basket.
A box of food that contains breakfast, lunch, and a snack for 7 days for all school age children during the summer months (schedule your appointment weekly to pick up).
- For Children K-12th
- No appointment is needed
Christmas in July/Bookbag Program
Eligible for children K-8 will receive a bookbag, all school supplies for their grade level, an outfit, and a pair of shoes.
Emergency Shelter is case-based, depending on the available funding. BFA helps combat homelessness in Brunswick County by providing eligible clients with a short-term stay at a hotel/motel.
Propane and gas assistance is available during colder months when the temperature drops down to 40 degrees for three days in a row. BFA will only provide propane or gas for heating purposes only.
Birthday Wishes Ministry
Brunswick Family Assistance has partnered with Birthday Wishes Ministry to help make birthday wishes come true for children ages 5-12 years old. Families receiving services from BFA who have a child with a birthday the following month will be given a Birthday Wishes Ministry Gift Voucher by BFA staff. Then, on the first Monday of each month (or Tuesday if there is a holiday), BWM volunteers will be onsite at the BFA headquarters from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to distribute birthday gifts to each family upon receipt of their voucher. The gifts will be wrapped and include a hand-made birthday card. While the BWM volunteers welcome the opportunity to personally meet the families, if a family is not able to make the first Monday distribution, they can redeem the voucher with BFA staff and receive the gift at another time that month.
Upcoming Program Events
There are no upcoming events.
Become a Volunteer
Are you ready to be a part of an organization that is positively impacting the neighborhood in which you live and work?
Then check out ways to get involved.
Food & Shelter problems are closer to home than you think…