BRUNSWICK FAMILY ASSISTANCE
2019 Christmas Program
With another year behind us, BFA would like to share with you the impact of the support from our community.
Each year BFA staff and volunteers process hundreds of applications for children and seniors in Bruns-
wick County who need a little extra help for Christmas. This is an “angel tree” program and tags are generated for each eligible applicant and sponsored by generous donors who shop for the tag wishes.
This year, through the help and kindness of many individuals, communities, faith-based groups and other
civic organizations, BFA was able to provide Christmas for 771 children and 529 seniors!! In addition, we worked with the Marine Corps League to help distribute Toys 4 Tots to 150 children. That is 1,450 less fortunate individuals that were able to wake up and smile on Christmas morning and it’s all because of wonderful people like you in our community who want to give back. We at BFA are so grateful for ALL of the support that we receive.
THANK YOU to everyone that helps us make Brunswick County a better place to live!
To all of the volunteers that donated THOUSANDS of hours in 2019, THANK YOU! With a small staff and the overwhelming need, it truly takes a village and BFA is fortunate to have an AMAZING village of dedicated volunteers. From working the food pantry and front desk 5 days per week, to spending an entire month setting up and organizing gifts for the Christmas program or showing up at 2 am for a commodities distribution, YOU ARE ALL ROCKSTARS!!!
If you would like to volunteer with BFA Please visit brunswickfamily.volunteerhub.com.
– BFA appreciates ALL of the wonderful people that support our mission of helping those in need. We truly could not provide the high levels of assistance needed in our County without the support of our community. No donation or amount of time donated is too small as every bit helps us support our neighbors in need. We would like to take this opportunity to give a special thanks to a few folks that went over and beyond for our organization in 2019.
– Ocean Isle Beach Flotilla- $31,986
– Bucks 4 Bikes Drive- (BCAR, St. James, Brunswick Forrest, Ocean Ridge and Winding River)- $46,053 to purchase more than 500 bicycles for Christmas.
– Faith-based Partners- $151,702 for direct assistance for clients.
– Veteran Groups (Committee to Honor America Veterans & Calabash Elks Veteran Committee-)-$14,750 to help veterans in need.
– We also want to thank all of the civic groups and individuals that supported us in 2019! Again, we could not do it without your support and we are beyond grateful!
We desperately need volunteers for the next commodities packing/distribution in February. If you are interested, please visit our website to sign up today.
If you have not already, please consider supporting BFA’s 2019/2020 annual appeal campaign. If you would like to donate but have not received an annual appeal, please call our office or visit our website to make a tax-deductible donation today! THANK YOU.