Are you interested in helping your community? Are you looking to give your time and talents to a great organization?
We have many daily events and special events that are successful thanks to our volunteers. If you have questions about how you can get involved, please call us at 910-754-4766. You can also click on the link below to see our various volunteer opportunities. You just create an account and you will be contacted to schedule an orientation.
2019 Volunteers of the Month
January 2019 Diane Carrigan
February 2019 Grisel Deloe
March 2019 Carole Schuster
April 2019 Jean Marie Woodard
2018 Volunteers of the Month
July 2018 George Brandon
August 2018 Motoko Hatfield
September 2018 Brenda Howard
October 2018 Pam Cerniglia
November 2018 Marie Goodwin
December 2018 Megan Twomey
You Can Volunteer…
BFA is open every day Monday through Friday from 9am to noon and from 1pm to 4:30pm except Wednesday mornings when we are closed to the public and we are closed at 3pm on Friday afternoons.
You can volunteer for half or full days! Hours are 9 – 12 in the mornings and 1 – 4:30 in the afternoons.
Interested in Volunteering? Contact us via the form below for more information!
- Answer phones
- Sort mail
- Greet clients
- Data Entry
- Photo copying/collating
- Develop media book
- Assist with writing and distributing press releases
- Develop display boards
- Update mailing lists
- Weigh incoming and outgoing food donations and record in log book
- Assist with gleaning from local retailers
- Pack food boxes and distribute to clients
- Stock shelves, refrigerators, freezers
- Keep pantry clean and neat
- Assist with organizing and packaging of school supplies and clothing
- Assist with receiving donated items
- Complete Christmas applications
- Organize and package gifts and clothing according to applications
- Assemble food bags
- Pick up donations
- Distribute gifts and food on distribution days
- Set up and clean up distribution
- Help offload food from delivery truck (if physically able)
- Assist with bagging USDA surplus food according to family size
- Complete client applications
- Check FNS letter to verify family size
- Sort donations
- Steam clothing
- Attach price tags and stock merchandise
- Help keep shelves and floors clean
- Straighten displays
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Are you ready to be a part of an organization that is positively impacting the neighborhood in which you live and work?
Then check out ways to get involved.
The selfless service of volunteers is what makes BFA possible. See how you can get involved.
BFA has many emergency and non emergency programs offering help for food, shelter, and clothing needs
There are upcoming events that you can take part in and help out those less fortunate in our area.
Our special programs give aid to those in need in Brunswick county. See how we are helping.
Food & Shelter problems are closer to home than you think…