Vision Statement: Brunswick Family Assistance is a transformative, forward-looking and collaborative organization that helps low income people in Brunswick County to live a high quality of life. We envision a community where all people have access to an adequate and nutritious supply of food and sufficient resources to sustain themselves. BFA shall continue to be a leader in partnering with other organizations to help solve community problems.
Mission Statement: Brunswick Family Assistance is dedicated to improving the lives of families and individuals in crisis in Brunswick County, who are willing to help themselves, by providing emergency assistance and educational and skills development programs.
HELPING YOUR NEIGHBORS IN CRISIS…
- FOOD: In 2021, we distributed 210,836 pounds of food from our food pantries to 4,733 households and 15,396 individuals and through the USDA surplus food we distributed food to 3,052 households and 5,840 individuals.
- RENTAL ASSISTANCE: We provided $110,312.48 to 461 households in 2021 for rental and housing assistance and 73 households for emergency shelter.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Utilizing BFA funds (from BEMC, the faith-based community, and numerous other sources), we distributed $233,501.97 to 3,372 households to help pay their heating and utility expenses in 2021.
- BOOK BAG (CHRISTMAS IN JULY): In 2021, we provided 403 schoolchildren in grades K-8 with book bags filled with school supplies, clothing, and shoes.
CHRISTMAS PROGRAM: In December 2021, BFA distributed gifts to 876 children and 337 seniors along with food for a traditional Christmas dinner.
- Summer Food Program: In the summer of 2021, BFA provided 798 Brunswick County children with a bag of non-perishable food items designed to provide them with breakfast and lunch for 7 days. This is a new program designed to provide food security for underprivileged children in our community.
BFA is proud to be affiliated with the following organizations.
Are you ready to be a part of an organization that is positively impacting the neighborhood in which you live and work?
Then check out ways to get involved.
The selfless service of volunteers is what makes BFA possible. See how you can get involved.
BFA has many emergency and non emergency programs offering help for food, shelter, and clothing needs
There are upcoming events that you can take part in and help out those less fortunate in our area.
Our special programs give aid to those in need in Brunswick county. See how we are helping.