Vision Statement: Brunswick Family Assistance is a transformative, forward-looking and collaborative organization that helps low income people in Brunswick County to live a high quality of life. We envision a community where all people have access to an adequate and nutritious supply of food and sufficient resources to sustain themselves. BFA shall continue to be a leader in partnering with other organizations to help solve community problems.
Mission Statement: Brunswick Family Assistance is dedicated to improving the lives of families and individuals in crisis in Brunswick County, who are willing to help themselves, by providing emergency assistance and educational and skills development programs.
HELPING YOUR NEIGHBORS IN CRISIS…
- FOOD: In 2020, we distributed 230,020 pounds of food from our food pantries to 5318 households and 18,117 individuals and through the USDA surplus food we distributed food to 3010 households and 6,415 individuals.
- RENTAL ASSISTANCE: We provided $159,210.27 to 639 households in 2020 for rental and housing assistance and emergency shelter.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Utilizing BFA funds (from BEMC, the faith-based community, and numerous other sources), we distributed $223,315.23 to 2,836 households to help pay their heating and utility expenses in 2020.
- BOOK BAG (CHRISTMAS IN JULY): In 2020, we provided 290 schoolchildren in grades K-8 with book bags filled with school supplies, clothing, and shoes.
CHRISTMAS PROGRAM: In December 2020, BFA distributed gifts to 1395 children and 288 seniors along with food for a traditional Christmas dinner.
- Summer Food Program: In the summer of 2020, BFA provided 1,906 Brunswick County children with a bag of non-perishable food items designed to provide them with breakfast and lunch for 7 days. This is a new program designed to provide food security for underprivileged children in our community.
BFA is proud to be affiliated with the following organizations.
Are you ready to be a part of an organization that is positively impacting the neighborhood in which you live and work?
Then check out ways to get involved.
The selfless service of volunteers is what makes BFA possible. See how you can get involved.
BFA has many emergency and non emergency programs offering help for food, shelter, and clothing needs
There are upcoming events that you can take part in and help out those less fortunate in our area.
Our special programs give aid to those in need in Brunswick county. See how we are helping.