Brunswick Family Assistance has many programs in place to assist the members of our community! Immediately below you will find a list of our ongoing programs followed by program events from our calendar! Feel free to contact us for more information on any of these programs!
- 2 times a month (By Appointment only)
- Must provide a lease or document stating lease length, landlord signature, name and contact information, address and amount of rent. All clients must come into office for intake.
- Rental Assistance is provided once a year every 12 months for either half of your rent or $300 max.
- Final notice utility bills (Once every 6 months/ 2 times a year)
- Power Stat 4 times a year (Once per Quarter)
- 1 time per quarter/ case based/ NO narcotics or other controlled substances.
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) “Commodities” is a Federal program through the US Department of Agriculture. (USDA is an equal opportunity employer and provider.) The program helps supplement the diets of low-income Americans, including the elderly, by providing them with emergency food and nutrition assistance at no cost. It provides food and administrative funds to states to supplement the diets of these groups.
BFA distributes commodities monthly at our Shallotte location, 4600-10 Main St., Shallotte, NC. We see the the first 150 cars each day as long as supplies last. Our upcoming dates are as follows:
March 10th, 2022
April 14-15th, 2022
May 12th-13th, 2022
June 16th-17th, 2022
July 14th-15th, 2022
August 11th-12th, 2022
September 15th-16th, 2022
October 13th-14th, 2022
November 17th-18th, 202
December 8th-9th, 2022
Brunswick County residents who meet 200% of the federal poverty guideline are eligible. All food stamp recipients are eligible but it is not required that you currently be receiving food stamps or EBT in order to qualify for the commodities distribution.
- Eligible children 12 and under and seniors 60+ will receive Christmas gifts and a food basket.
- A box of food that contains breakfast, lunch, and a snack for 7 days for all school age children during the summer months (schedule your appointment weekly to pick up).
Christmas in July/Bookbag Program
- Eligible for children K-8 will receive a bookbag, all school supplies for their grade level, an outfit, and a pair of shoes.
New Hope Clinic
Brunswick Family Assistance and New Hope Clinic partnering to improve access to services
Brunswick County is Big! Our beautiful county is the third largest in the state of North Carolina! To help with some of the most vulnerable individuals in our community more easily access services Brunswick Family Assistance Agency and New Hope Clinic have partnered together. Individuals who want to apply for New Hope Clinic may now submit their applications and supporting documents at the Brunswick Family Assistance office located at 4600-10 Main Street (Big Lots Shopping Center), Shallotte.
NCWorks WIOA Title I Program
WIOA is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market. WIOA provides support to participants to increase their education, training, employment, earnings and job retention.
Who is eligible ?
- US Citizen or those authorized to work in the USA.
- Proof of selective service registration (for males 18 or older).
- Adult-age 18 or over
- Dislocated worker
Access to services is based on:
- Program Eligibility
- Appropriateness of services
- Individual career goals
- Local funding, capacity & resources
The WIOA Program goes to the core of BFA’s mission of helping those in financial crisis who are willing to help themselves by providing emergency assistance. By providing the WIOA resource, we are hopeful our clients will be able to strengthen their family financial situation. We believe this program will be a win-win for all involved: BFA clients, and our community.
B4B: Businesses for Brunswick Family Assistance
B4B partnerships have four different levels: platinum at $1,000; gold at $500; silver at $250; and bronze at $100. As a B4B partner, your business will be recognized as a sponsor for our annual golf tournament as well as being listed on our website with other B4B sponsors. For full details see our B4B Page or call us at 754-4766.
UPCOMING PROGRAM EVENTS
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Are you ready to be a part of an organization that is positively impacting the neighborhood in which you live and work?
Then check out ways to get involved.
Food & Shelter problems are closer to home than you think…