Brunswick Family Assistance (BFA) is a private non-profit 501(c) (3) now in our 35th year of operation.
Vision Statement: Brunswick Family Assistance is a transformative, forward-looking and collaborative organization that helps low income people in Brunswick County to live a high quality of life. We envision a community where all people have access to an adequate and nutritious supply of food and sufficient resources to sustain themselves. BFA shall continue to be a leader in partnering with other organizations to help solve community problems.
Mission Statement: Brunswick Family Assistance is dedicated to improving the lives of families and individuals in crisis in Brunswick County, who are willing to help themselves, by providing emergency assistance and educational and skills development programs.
HELPING YOUR NEIGHBORS IN CRISIS…
- FOOD: In 2016, we distributed 148,124 pounds of food from our food pantry to 4,700 households and 16,064 individuals and 210,278 pounds of USDA surplus food to3,562 households and 8,453 individuals as part of The Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- RENTAL ASSISTANCE: We provided $66,501 to 236 households in 2016 for rental and housing assistance and emergency shelter.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Utilizing BFA funds (from BEMC, the faith-based community, and numerous other sources), we distributed $175,993 to 2,213 households to help pay their heating and utility expenses in 2016.
- BOOK BAG (CHRISTMAS IN JULY): In 2017, we provided 388 school children in grades K-8 with book bags filled with school supplies, clothing, and shoes.
- CHRISTMAS PROGRAM: In December 2016, BFA distributed gifts to 1,050 children and seniors along with food for a traditional Christmas dinner to 560 families.
- FINANCIAL LITERACY PROGRAM: In 2016, 26 individuals successfully graduated from our financial literacy class.
- In 2016, the dollar value of all goods, services, and assistance that BFA provided totaled just over $ 1 MILLION.
2018 Volunteers of the Month
January 2018 Sue Dompkowski
2017 Volunteers of the Month
January 2017 Paula Levin
February 2017 Larry and MJ Herman
March 2017 Terry Matthews
April 2017 Elaine And Jim Reardon
May 2017 Marie Goodwin
June 2017 Ronnie Markum Jr.
July 2017 Megan Twomey
August 2017 Sharon Conway
September 2017 Pat Small
October 2017 Brenda Howard
November 2017 Ken Papaj
December 2017 Motoko Hatfield
BFA is proud to be affiliated with the following organizations.
Are you ready to be a part of an organization that is positively impacting the neighborhood in which you live and work?
Then check out ways to get involved.
The selfless service of volunteers is what makes BFA possible. See how you can get involved.
BFA has many emergency and non emergency programs offering help for food, shelter, and clothing needs
There are upcoming events that you can take part in and help out those less fortunate in our area.
Our special programs give aid to those in need in Brunswick county. See how we are helping.
Food & Shelter problems are closer to home than you think…