Brunswick Family Assistance Agency Inc. (BFA) has announced the promotion of Mrs. Stephanie Bowen to Executive Director. BFA, a non-profit located in Shallotte, has a mission of improving the lives of families and individuals in crisis in Brunswick County, who are willing to help themselves, by providing emergency assistance, educational and skills development programs. Mrs. Bowen has received a BS degree from the UNCW School of Social Work. She joined BFA in August, 2015 as a Program Manager, Direct Assistance; with responsibilities for the administration of all direct assistance (rental and utilities), the food pantry and USDA “commodities” distribution as well as volunteer coordination. Stephanie is married to David Bowen and has been since December, 2009. They have two children, Carly age 6, and Kaylee age 2. The Bowens are residents of Leland, NC.
- Brunswick Beacon: Brunswick Family Assistance Annual Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast held Wednesday, April 18 at Shallotte Presbyterian Church
- Brunswick Beacon: H2GO to add Brunswick Family Assistance to customer donation program
- BFA Says “Thank You” to the Calabash Elks Ladies Auxiliary
- Thank you to the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation
- A BFA Partnership Thank You to the Committee to Honor America’s Veterans (Sunset Beach)